Paul and Gwyn? Parents?

Paul and Gwyn? Parents?
Is it possible?

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's Official...In China's Eyes!



Yesterday, September 6th, Willa Song Roos legally became ours in China's eyes! We went to the Adoption Center in Nanchang to file all the necessary paperwork. We walked into the room, surprised to find so many other adoptive families waiting. We met with the director of Willa's orphanage (in picture), we were interviewed, we had to sign a million papers and we paid our LARGE donation. When we finally sat down, I looked across the room and I saw two fairly familiar faces, but I was not sure until I saw the face of their baby. The baby turned around and yes it was the Weiss's. Paul and I have met them through my brother-in-law, Dale, but never met face to face. We talked via email and through blogging. It was great to meet them in China. Funny that we had to come to China to meet. We look forward to seeing them again in Guangzhou.

It was a very long wait. And Willa was wonderful. She is so laid back. We were there for over three hours. It was HOT and busy. We were all exhausted after this part of the day. We went back to the hotel for lunch, and again Willa was wonderful. One last stop to the notary office to make it official, but on the way we stopped at Wal-Mart. Very interesting. You were right, Shawn. Very interesting sights...and SMELLS. After we got our supplies, to the notary, we went. This only took a few short minutes. It's official! She's ours!!!!

It all feels right. She feels right. This whole thing is right! We are very happy!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! She looks so happy (as do the both of you). Can't wait to meet her! Love seeing the pics, too!
    Love,
    Paul & Jaimie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Paul and Gwyn, Josh and I are absolutely delighted for you and little Willa Song. Congratulations. We are thinking of you and wishing you all the best in your travels home. Love, Josh and Anne

    ReplyDelete