Paul and Gwyn? Parents?

Paul and Gwyn? Parents?
Is it possible?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

There's Never a Right Time or a Wrong Time to have a Baby


We have been waiting for a long time for Willa and there have been many times in the last 4 1/2 years that would have been perfect timing in our lives. But at this time?



Truly, this couldn't have been a worse time. But my friend, Jessica reminded me, " There is never a right time to have a baby, but there is never a wrong time either." This is my new mantra as I struggle to plan a baby's room around my business expansion. Its my mantra as I try to file for Visas, Adam Walsh forms, fingerprints and homestudies, while I'm answering phones and painting. Its my mantra as no money is coming in, but obsene amounts are going out for the agency, Visas, Adam Walsh, plane tickets, and countless other adoption expenses. That is my mantra as we wait impatiently for our Travel Approval (the dates we get to go and get Willa).



And the funny thing is, my thoughts on why its bad timing have completely changed. What once was "Why now?" is now "I just want Willa TODAY!!!!!!" Enough of this messin' around and waiting one second longer, I want to leave for China NOW!

2 comments:

  1. Can definitely empathize with you about the money thing. Not only have we been paying for adoption stuff, but like you, we have also had some expenses that didn't come at a good time that were more expensive than we would have liked. But like you said, it's never a good time. Gotta look to the end for the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Weiss family! I hope you read this. I think we will be together in China. I am just thrilled!

    ReplyDelete