Where to start? Well, I suppose to understand the significance of an adoption story, you should know the whole story. Our story begins in year 2000, when we realize we won't be having children of our own (disappointment #1). This reality didn't phase us at the time. We instantly started thinking of adoption and a baby from China was what we wanted. By 2002, we were affiliated with an adoption agency and we had our home study completed. In order to adopt from China, we had to be 30 years old. I was yet 26. Disappointment #2, but no worries! We will go somewhere else. That was the plan. We were very excited about the possibilities. We decided on Guatemala and Vietnam. It was these choices that were the cause of my temporary undoing.
If you know me at all, I don't hide my emotions. Well, my excitement was evident as we made our way to the cities to make our final decision of which country to choose. The agency's workshop was the jumping off point for our international adoption. We arrived to find that both of our choices, Guatemala and Vietnam, were closed from US adoptions (disappointment #3). First the loss of our own children, then no children from China and now this. I was devastated. I literally fell to the ground. An awful moment. And our adoption story seemed to end.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment